UFH International Students Admission Requirements
All applicants with non-South African School-leaving require a certificate of exemption from the Matriculation Board of South Africa for admission into an undergraduate qualification. For more information regarding the Matriculation Exemptions please visit the Matriculation Board website on
All applicants with non-South African qualifications are required to have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). For more information regarding evaluation of qualifications please visit the SAQA website: Please note that all foreign qualifications must be evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority before an application form is forwarded to the University. It is the responsibility of the prospective student to forward his/her documentation to SAQA.
The University of Fort Hare will also submit applications to the Matriculation Board on behalf of the applicant on submission of the following:
- Form M30E (also available from the matriculation board website);
- Copies of educational qualification (certified at the University);
- Copy of Passport or birth certificate (certified at the University);
- Exemption application fee charged at R400.00 (payable at the University); and
- Sworn English translation of documents required where applicable.
Student selection and admissions process
- Students receive application forms from the Students Registration Office or via the website.
- These are completed and returned to the Students Registration Office and get sorted per-Faculty.
- Then the faculty selection committee (Deputy Dean: Teaching and Learning, Faculty Manager, HODs and Administrators) convenes to do the selection.
- Admission is done on merit, using the Swedish point system.