University of Fort Hare UFH International Students Study Visa

University of Fort Hare UFH International Students Study Visa

Study Visa

Any student, who is not a South African citizen or a permanent residence in South Africa, must be in possession of a study visa in order to register at the University. It may take up to three months to obtain a study visa and prospective international students are advised to apply as early as possible.

As from May 2014 the new immigration Act requires all international students applying for study permits in South African to apply through VSF Global through online services online services includes;

1. Study Visa

2. Study Renewal Visa

3. Visitors Visa

4. Critical Skills Visa

5. General Work Visa amongst other services

All applications for study visas need to be submitted at the South African embassy or consulate for your country of origin. You cannot apply for a new study visa /change of visa within South Africa’s borders.

How to apply for a Study Visa

The applicant must first apply and be accepted by the University of choice before they may apply for a study visa. For this, the applicant needs a provisional admission/acceptance letter from the University .Students will not be able to obtain a valid study visa without an admission letter.

Documents required for a Study Visa / Study Visa Renewal

1. An original letter of acceptance from the university

2. A valid passport

3. Proof of comprehensive medical insurance

4. Proof of accommodation

5. A Radiology Report not older than 6 months

6. A medical report not older than 6 months

7. Police clearance certificate issued by the police

8. The student must have proof of sufficient funds to pay for day-to-day living expenses, as well as tuition fees during his/her stay in South Africa.