Application Form (Click here to download form)
Closing Date: 31st October 2017
(No late applications will be accepted)
GENERAL RULES FOR UNDERGRADUATE QUALIFICATIONS
1. All applications for admission are subject to the selection process.
2. Applicants must comply with the general admission requirements and any other specific requirements as prescribed by the Faculty.
3. A candidate may be expected to attend an interview, undergo a selection test and/or make a written presentation to the relevant head of department
The Student Administration Office will help you with application, admission and registration enquiries.
Tel.: 040-602 2016/ 2053/ 2122/ 2174
East London Campus
Tel.: 043-704 7155/ 7266/ 7004/ 7139
Do you know what you want to study?
It is a good idea to have a career objective in mind, check the admission requirements of the various qualifications offered at the University of Fort Hare.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Submit your application form and all the necessary documentation including application fee before closing date.
2. An SMS will be sent to you informing you of the status of your application thereafter a letter of confirmation.
3. Current matriculants, who qualify based on their Grade 12 mid-term performance, are provisionally admitted pending the submission of their final matric results and subject to availability of space.
4. Successful applicants will receive an admission letter, together with a registration guide, which reflects the registration dates and orientation programme.
It is important to note that all applicants who wrote the National Senior Certificate (NSC) are required to write the National Benchmark test (NBT), before they are allowed to register for their 1st year at University. Read more about this compulsory test on www.nbt.ac.za
In which school-leaving category do you fall?
- National Senior Certificate (NSC)? The NSC is the new school-leaving qualification since 2009.
- Pre-2008 matriculation certificate? This is the old school-leaving qualification before 2009.
Admission Requirements: NSC applicants (since 2009)